• 2 Chicken Breast
• 1 Shallot
• 1 Garlic Clove
• 1 Sprig Rosemary
• 2 Cups Spinach
• 4 Strawberries
• 1⁄6 Cup Chicken Broth
• 21⁄2 Tbsp Strawberry Preserves
• 31⁄2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
• 1⁄8 Cup Feta Cheese
• 1⁄2 tsp Brown Sugar
• 1⁄4 Cup Panko (or Keto Crumbs)
• 3 Tbsp Sliced Almonds
Prepare Your Ingredients
Wash and dry your produce. Finely chop or grind all but ¼ of the almonds, and mix
together in a flat dish with the panko (or Keto Crumbs). Small dice the shallot. Thinly slice the strawberries
and place in a salad bowl. Mince 1 clove garlic. Pat the chicken dry and season with salt and
Cook the Chicken
Heat 2 tsp. olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat. While pan is heating, coat chicken with
a little olive oil and place in bread crumb mixture coating evenly. Shake lightly to remove excess
bread crumbs. Cook chicken 45
minutes per side or until cooked through (add ½ Tbsp. olive oil
when you flip sides). Set aside and cover to keep warm.
Make the Vinaigrette and Salad
In a bowl, whisk together ½ Tbsp. balsamic vinegar, ½ tsp. brown sugar, 2 Tbsp. olive oil, and
the garlic. Taste and adjust to your liking with salt and pepper. Toss together the spinach with
the sliced strawberries, remaining sliced almonds, and feta .
Make Balsamic Glaze
When the chicken is done cooking, remove pan from heat and allow to cool down for about a
minute. In the same pan, heat 1 tsp. olive oil over medium heat and cook the shallots for 23
minutes. Add the broth, strawberry preserves, remaining balsamic vinegar, and the entire sprig
of rosemary. Use a wooden spoon to mix and loosen the browned bits from the pan bottom.
Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer and cook stirring frequently for 56 minutes or until thickened. Taste and adjust to your liking with salt. Remove rosemary sprig before serving.
Plate Your Meal
Toss the salad with the balsamic vinaigrette and divide it evenly between your plates.
Place a bit of the balsamic glaze on each plate and top with the chicken. Pour remaining glaze
over the top from the pan and enjoy!
*Are you gluten-free or avoiding carbs? Here’s a quick Keto Crumbs recipe as a substitute for Panko:
2⁄3 cup pork rind crumbs (12 tablespoons)
1⁄3 cup Parmesan cheese Kraft or Organic Parmigiano Regiano Wedge, grated
1⁄2 teaspoon granulated garlic
1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 tablespoon freeze-dried parsley
- Pork Rind Crumb Note: Grind up an entire bag of original flavor pork rinds using a food processor and store in a tightly sealed mason jar in the fridge or freezer. B/T (Bag and Tag). We use Bakenet’s or Mac’s brand. (Ingredients: pork, salt). Crumbs should be similar in texture to Japanese panko crumbs. They become “pork rind flour” at this point.
- Combine ingredients in a large spice jar. Shake to mix well. Shake every time before applying Keto Crumbs to breaded foods.
- Store in an airtight spice bottle or mason jar in the fridge or freezer up to 1 month.